- 4 large, cored Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- ¼ chopped walnuts or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tbsp nutmeg or cinnamon
- ½ diet cherry soda
- 1tbsp melted vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, nutmeg, brown sugar, nuts, and raisins. Mix everything together with a spoon.
- Core apples. Place them in a casserole dish and fill the center of each apple with the mixture.
- Pour the entire can of soda over the apples, cover with foil.
- Bake about 40 minutes, until tender, but not mushy.
- Remove from the oven and baste the apples several times with the pan juices.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if you like.