*Makes about 6-8 pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup almond or soymilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (for batter)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup jelly (your choice)
- Set out all your ingredients.
- Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat.
- Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder — two Tablespoons, not two Teaspoons as some have suggested, salt) in a bowl.
- Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture.
- Add the peanut butter
- Mix until smooth.
- Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes’ worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Flip [carefully] when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.
- Repeat until the batter is gone. Let cool or, if you want it to be gooey, apply jelly on one side immediately and thin layer of the smooth peanut butter.
10. Smash together for a sandwich!
*Please note: it’s important to leave out the salt, as the peanuts are naturally salty.