- 1 acorn squash
- ¼ brown or wild rice
- ½ cup frozen mixed veg (corn, carrot, peas)
- ½ chopped mushrooms
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.
- Cut the acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Generously brush the inside of the acorn squash with oil and sprinkle with some parsley and rosemary (it should stick).
- Place acorn squash with hollow center side down and let bake for about 30 minutes. Using a mitten and fork, check everyone once in awhile to see if it’s brown and poke with fork to see if it has become soft. Once it’s soft, remove from above.
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- In a separate pan, add 1TBSP oil and frozen mixed vegetable mix. Let cook for a minute or two, then add mushrooms but not too long or it will become mush.
- Add the rice to the vegetables and sauté for a “fried rice” effect – just 2-3 minutes.
- Place acorn face up and fill with the mixture. Top with pumpkin seeds or some celery, for garnish.