- 8-10 japanese eggplants (look for symmetrical ones)
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 package Alessi Funghi Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms
- Cook risotto according to instructions on the bag.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice the eggplant in half and scoop out a good amount from the center (small appetizer spoon works best).
- Cup the eggplant carefully in your hand as to not cut through the other side.
- Work somewhat quickly, as they will start to brown. Save the filling to add to the mushroom mixture.
- Begin the filling: Add chopped mushrooms, onions and artichoke hearts to a large pan with some olive oil (just enough for it not to stick). Cook until the onion is clear and then add the scooped insides of the eggplant.
- Mix the vegetables and rice together and remove from heat.
- Place the eggplant, hollow side up, close to each other on a nonstick or sprayed cookie sheet. Begin adding the filling.
- Bake eggplant for 25-30minutes or until the top begins to brown.