- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 package frozen spinach (8oz)
- 1 10oz package of mushrooms
- 1 package extra firm
- 2 onions chopped
- Bread of your choice
- 4 TBSP EVOO
- Remove tofu from water and drain in a strainer. Press firmly down (use a paper towel) to remove excess water.
- Place tofu on chopping block and cut into little cubes.
- Add to a sauté pan (medium-high heat) with chopped onion and 2-3TBSP EVOO.
- Use wooden spoon to stir and toss the tofu – browning on all sides (about 8mins).
- Meanwhile, cook the spinach in microwave according to directions on box. Drain excess water and set aside. (Can even put in strainer used to drain tofu)
- Once tofu is lightly browned on all sides and onions are clear, add package of chopped mushrooms and grape tomatoes.
- Cook until grape tomatoes are tender, but haven’t popped and add spinach.
- Mix everything together, season with salt and pepper if you’d like.
- Turn off stove, let rest.
10. Spread a heaping tablespoon of hummus on a slice of bread or sandwich half. Spread some of the tofu scramble on top.