- 2 packages empanadas shells
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn – washed and drained
- 1 can black beans – drained and washed
- 1 16oz jar of salsa
- 1tbsp sriracha
*****Defrost the frozen empanada shells for several hours!
- Preheat oven to.
- In a medium sized pot of low heat, combine ¾ jar of salsa, corn and black beans.
- Let flavors come together on a low simmer, add sriracha.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes while you prepare the empanada station.
- Lay empanada shell on a cutting board or any clean surface.
- Scoop one tablespoon (with a smidge more) size of filling in the center and folder over. Wiping a little water along the bottom edge and press down to make them stick together.
- Then press with a fork for markings and place empanada on greased baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the shells are filled. If you have extra filling, freeze or add over some rice.
- Bake at for about 18minutes – be sure the crust become a little hard and crispy, it should not be a translucent
**- Any brand will do just make sure you read the ingredients, because some contain milk or eggs. They can generally be found in the “ethnic foods” freezer section of your local supermarket.
Pictured here is a step by step of the process: