- 2 large, peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or paprika
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth or water
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Sautee the onions and garlic in a pot with some olive oil until clear. Add the spices.
- Add the broth, carrots and potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes and carrots in the veggie brother until soft. (Use a fork to poke through one of the potatoes).
- Once the potatoes are soft, remove from heat and use the immersion blender to emulsify the vegetables and make a thicker soup.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, a regular blender would be okay buuuuut be careful, as it will be hot and you can only puree in small batches then will have to transfer over to the big pot to stir it all together. (Really, just buy an immersion blender – they’re $15, compact and very handy!
- Add salt and pepper to your liking, or any other spice you feel is missing.
- Garnish with chives or any other fresh herb. Makes about 5 servings.