- 1 package yellow rice (I prefer Vigo, 10oz)
- ½ bag frozen sliced, frozen peppers
- ½ bag frozen diced onion
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 large zucchini, quartered
- Follow the directions of the rice on the bag but add about an extra ½ cup of water. So, add the rice, water and some oil to the large pot.
- For additional flavor, I strongly recommend a low sodium vegetable broth.
- Dump all the vegetable in, stir.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat and cover the pot.
- When the rice is cooked and at the top, remove from heat and serve. There shouldn’t be any liquid left but the veggies will be soft. (20-25mins)
- Makes about 5 servings.
*Fresh vegetables are fine too. You can use yellow squash instead of zucchini, adding peas would also be good. Have fun!