- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk the almond milk and the vinegar together and let sit a few minutes.
- Add the oil, sugar, vanilla in a large bowl and stir.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until no large lumps remain.
- Fill cupcake liners two-thirds of the way and bake for 20 to 22 minutes till done. Use a toothpick to test.
- Let cool completely before adding frosting.
*Makes 24 cupcakes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup dairy-free soy margarine, softened
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup unsweetened pure cocoa powder
- ½ t. vanilla
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream the powdered sugar with the soy margarine until mixture is thick but well combined.
- 2. Add the almond milk, cocoa powder and vanilla, and continue to mix until smooth.
Putting it all together:
- Once the cupcakes have cooled set up an assembly line with: bowl of frosting, bowl of shredded coconut and bowl of raw almonds.
- Take one of the COOLED cupcakes and dip it in the frosting, swirl to cover the top completely.
- Then immediately dip the top in the coconut.
- Place on serving tray or back in cupcake tin and add an almond (or 2 or 3…) to the top and press down hard so it stays firmly in place.
Repeat until all the cupcakes are done.