- 4 cups ripe strawberries (2 cups finely chopped, 2s cup puree)
- 3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1TBSP imitation vanilla
- ½ very ripe mashed banana
- ½ a bag vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F and prepare two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Puree half of the strawberries with the applesauce. (In a blender is fine.)
- Slice and prepare the remaining half of your strawberries, then put them in a medium-sized bowl and combine with the puree mixture. Set aside. *I used fresh strawberries that I had frozen. You could just as easily use already frozen berries or fresh would be fine too. Frozen was difficult to slice, though J
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, mashed banana, and baking soda in large bowl: mix well.
- Add your strawberry mixture to the dry ingredients, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir. Mixture will be pink and delicious and it will be difficult not to just eat it all right then 🙂
- Spray or grease pans and divide batter into pans
- Bake at 375°F got 50-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Though, honestly, I had mine at about 400°F for 70mins but it could be because my oven is older than I am or because I had so many things in there at a time? Not sure, but just set a time for 50 minutes and then check periodically.
- Remove from oven when it’s done and let it cool.
- It’s important to let the bread COOL and dry a little bit. The strawberries will make it very moist and you’ll think it’s not done.