*Makes about 18 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (or 3 of the little containers)
- 1 flax egg (1tbs flax+2tbs water, stir, let sit)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple agave
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the flax egg, place to the side.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry, add flax egg.
- Stir in shredded coconut and nuts of choice.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown top, toothpick comes out dry.
Better suggestion for a name for these is welcome 🙂