- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tbs turmeric
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- ¾ package Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
- 2tbs Earth Balance Butter
- 2tbs mustard (any kind)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 package soy chorizo
- 1 box macaroni
- 1 jar salsa
- 6 corn taco shells, crumbled
- Prepare a box of macaroni according to directions. Meanwhile…
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, cook soy chorizo with some olive oil (just enough to coat the pan) until browned.
- Add a can of black beans (drained) and remove from heat. Stir and combine the two. Set aside.
- Once macaroni is cooked, drain but do not rinse with cool water! Add the soy milk, turmeric, NY, mustard, Daiya and Earth Balance to the pot. Should be creamy, but thick. Add more soy milk if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix until the ingredients are melted (just about 3-5mins on low heat) then transfer to a large lasagna pan that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray or greased with Earth Balance.
- (Use a spatula to scrape the bottom, you really don’t want any of that cheesey goodness left!)
- Then, take the soyrizo and black bean mixture and fold that in to the macaroni, making sure there’s a little bit in each corner.
- Next, evenly distribute a jar of salsa over the mac and cheese.
- Finally, layer with crumble taco shells and the rest of the Daiya cheese (you’re welcome to sprinkle more if you have more! But I only had one package and it seemed enough).
- Place in the oven (uncovered) for about 12 minutes or until you see it start to bubble at the bottom of the pan and the top gets brown and crispy.
- Service with guacamole, chips, or just by itself and enjoy!