- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup of raisins
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine topping ingredients (oil, cinnamon, oats, almonds, sugar) and sauté in a medium pan until almonds are lightly toasted and everything is well integrated (about 5 minutes.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine all dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir until combined and folder in raisins. Don’t mix too much.
- Spray a 9×9 pan with nonstick spray and sprinkle with some more flour.*
- Pour batter in and cover with the almond oat topping.
- Bake until top is golden brown or toothpick comes out clean.
I enjoyed this fresh out of the oven and warm but make sure to store tightly wrapped to maintain moisture. Also, you might have extra topping so just store it for something else – too good to waste.
*You can make these muffins, loaves, anything! But you’ll have to adjust the cooking time.