Today’s “something new” for the 9th day of Vegan MoFo comes in the form of a cookie and recipe! A lot of people ask me how I come up with my recipes or where I get them from. It usually starts with just one ingredient. For example, I wanted to make cookies but all I had on hand was coconut and chocolate. So, what I do is search Pinterest and Instagram obsessively with key terms “vegan chocolate coconut” and that usually produces huuuuuge amount of results. From there, I see what I’d like to make based on which got the best comments and reviews, as well as if I have all of the ingredients on hand. Often times, though, I don’t follow a recipe exactly and make several modifications. This then becomes a recipe I share with you all. Here, you have Chocolate Chocolate Coconut Granola Cookies. These were divine! I served with the cookie batter and some So Delicious Vanilla Bean ice cream with chocolate syrup and coconut chips. Yum!
Chocolate Chocolate Coconut Granola Cookies
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup granola
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Stir all the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and coconut shreds, gently.
- Spray baking sheets with nonstick spray OR use muffin tins for a more uniform look.
- Scoop cookies out with a small spoon, allowing about 1-2 inches between, giving them room to spread.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm, with ice cream, as pictured or enjoy individually.
*Made about 3 dozen small cookies.