- 2 acorn squash
- 1 cup dry tri-color quinoa
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4-5 celery stalks, diced
- 1tbs dried thyme
- ½ tbs coriander
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the acorn squash in half and, using a spoon, remove all the seeds.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (I promise, this makes clean up so much easier). Brush the squash with a little coconut oil or spray with nonstick spray and place cut side down on the foil.
- Bake until the outside skin is tender to the touch.
- Meanwhile, pour the orange juice and veggie brother into a pot along with the 1 cup uncooked quinoa and bring to a boil, uncovered. Once it starts to boil, cover and simmer for about 20mins or until all of the liquid is absord.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Diced the celery stalks into little pieces and measure out your pecans, cranberries and spices.
- Dump everything into the pot with the quinoa and stir.
- Once the squash is cooked and beautifully caramelized, scoop some of the quinoa mixture into the cavity and serve!
This would also pair well with a few slices or granny smith apple and/or drizzled with some maple syrup!