- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 flax egg (3 TBSP water + 1 TBSP ground flax seeds)
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins soaked in water for about 10mins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix wet ingredients in one bowl until properly combined. Ideally, sifted but if you don’t have one – eh. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl. Add wet ingredients and combine.
- Stir in walnuts, carrots and raisins.
- Spoon balls of the dough onto parchment paper and flatten a little bit.
- Bake for about 25 minutes OR until the edges are a little brown.
- Remove from tray with a spatula and transfer to a cooling rack VERY carefully. They’ll be a little mushy but will harden in the cooling process.
- Let cool!