- ½ cup oats
- 1 scoop protein powder
- nondairy milk
- baking powder
- In a magic bullet or fancy blender, blend the oats to make a flour.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the protein powder and sprinkle some baking powder (this will make them fluffy) and slowly add milk until you get a pancake-like batter. You want to make sure you don’t add too much because then it will be runny and you’ll have to add more oats or flour.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil spray and turn heat on. Let the pan warm up on medium heat, then pour batter to make 3-4 pancakes.
- When the edges are turning brown, flip and cook the other side until it’s not soft in the middle. (I usually smush my finger in it to make sure)
The following are optional but I always add them for flavor:
- Splash of vanilla
- Cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg/allspice/pumpkin pie spice
- Nut butter
- 1 packet of stevia
- Fresh fruit is okay but frozen makes it too soggy
I use vanilla protein powder and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Depending on those choices, you could make other flavored pancakes and get more creative but this is the very basic recipe.